Saturday, July 14, 2012

Serious home remodeling

My house is undergoing some serious changes right now. My parents and I have lived here for almost twenty-one years and plenty of things have been replaced or upgraded over time. However, remodeling began in June and our entire kitchen and deck are being rebuilt! I tend to dislike change and resist it as much as possible, but I had no choice in this matter and it is a bit exciting. 

So far, the work has been concentrated outside of our home. Renovations will begin inside when our deck is complete.

I took this photo about three weeks ago, when work had just begun. Our deck was completely destroyed and a huge hole was dug in its place!

The pit will serve as an addition onto our basement. I took this picture from our kitchen, which is on the ground level of our house.

 The pit was filled in with concrete to make an actual room; the wall between this addition and our basement hasn't been knocked down yet, though.

 With this part of the remodeling complete, work could begin on the addition to our kitchen.

 This will be an extension of the eating area and kitchen. We have a sliding door that opened to our old deck, but this addition will have a French door. The big, square-shaped holes are for the support posts for the deck.

 A view from inside the addition. That wall with the sliding glass door will be coming down eventually. I'm looking forward to having a bigger, fancier kitchen!

I'll post more as work progresses. The entire process isn't scheduled to finish until October, so I imagine there will be many, many more photos for me to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment