Saturday, August 4, 2012

"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live."


Life has been uneventful lately and I'm not doing well in regards to making it more interesting. I'm reminiscing about the beautiful Spring we had (during which I took the above photo) and wishing Autumn would hurry up and get here already! Most people feel more depressed as the weather turns cooler and the days grow shorter, but I come alive as all of the trees turn from monochromatic to red, purple, orange, yellow and every shade and hue in between.

In the meantime, I've decided to re-read the Harry Potter series, as it's been approximately eleven years since I first began the series. It's like reuniting with an old best friend after a long, long while and rediscovering all of the reasons why we became close, sharing in our old memories. Reading the series again gives me the ability to see events in a new light and I notice foreshadowing and hints I didn't pick up on before. The only problem with picking up the series again is that I'll miss it all the more when I've finished book seven!

3 comments:

  1. I have just decided that you need to seek a career in journalism or start writing your first novel! You are a very gifted writer.......maybe I can have you collaborate with my nephew who also has a wonderful way with words......

    xoxoxo
    AC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about journalism...I'm not too good with strangers, or even people I'm acquainted with! But I am trying to come up with some book ideas. I'm partial to fantasy, I'd just like to come up with a unique idea so I can get to researching and planning!

      Delete
  2. Maybe you can meld your love of Japanese culture/history with fantasy??? I am partial to mysteries myself......and could think of many story lines for that.....

    XOXO

    AC

    ReplyDelete